- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2x 400g cans creamed corn
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat milk
- Olive oil or canola spray
These have been trialled by our team using gluten free flour and work very well
- Mix flour, creamed corn and milk together in a large bowl. This makes quite a thick batter, more like damper than pancake mixture
- Heat a large frypan and spray with oil
- Use a large spoon to dollop spoonfuls (about ¼ cup size) of batter into the frypan. Cook on a medium heat until golden brown on that side, about 3-5 minutes. They will puff up a bit too. Flip over and cook for another 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Repeat until the batter is all used.
- Add 2 eggs to make these fluffier and higher in protein
- Fresh, frozen or canned veg will bulk these up and make them even healthier
- Try tinned corn, frozen beans, grated sweet potato
- Add pops of flavour like pepper, curry powder, sundried tomatoes, chillies, Italian herbs or olives