- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Drain chickpeas and rinse thoroughly
- Place chickpeas and all other remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve with vegetable sticks and pita crisps.
You can use any type of pita bread or wrap and simply cook them on a flat sandwich press. Wraps/pita bread come in a variety of flavours such as garlic and herb, spinach and sundried tomato. This means there is no need to add extra flavour. Plain wraps/pita bread can be sprayed lightly with olive oil then sprinkled with herbs such as oregano, rosemary and garlic powder. Za’atar, a Middle Eastern spice mix is great sprinkled on plain wraps/pita bread. Allow to cool slightly then cut into wedges and store in an airtight container