Serves: 12-24 (60g max serve).
- 110g (½ cup) corn kernels (makes 8 cups of popped corn)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 20mL polyunsaturated oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
paper bags; ziplock bags; paper cups.
2 tbs corn kernels = 2 cups popcorn 8 tbs corn kernels = 8 cups popcorn
- Prepare popcorn as per instructions using a popcorn maker
- Place cumin seeds in a frypan and heat gently for 1 minute, transfer to large bowl, add popcorn
- Heat oil in the same pan, stir in remaining spices, add spice mix to popcorn and stir to coat
- Place 3/4 cup of popcorn in a brown paper bag, patty case or cone made from greaseproof paper.
Top tip: for Mexican style popcorn swap the garam masala for 2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder