- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 1½ garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ cup red capsicum, diced
- ½ cup green capsicum, diced
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes, salt reduced
- 2 x 400g cans mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion, cook stirring occasionally until onion is lightly browned
- Add garlic, paprika and cumin, cook stirring for one minute
- Add capsicum, tomatoes, beans and parsley, stir then cover and cook for 5 minutes
- Season with pepper, serve with toasted tortillas and/or rice.
Top tip: try this in a burrito bowl as a meat substitute: serve with rice, chopped cos lettuce, shredded cheese and veg of choice.