- 400g dried pitted dates
- 1½ cups water
- 8 and ½ Weet-Bix, crumbled finely
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, for rolling
- Place dates and water in a heavy based saucepan over medium heat, stir until dates have softened, approx. 10 minutes
- Remove dates from heat, stir in all other ingredients. Combine well with a handheld blender. If the mix seems very dry add up to ½ cup extra water.
- Using wet hands form mixture into small walnut sized balls, roll in extra cocoa and refrigerate until ready to serve.