- 1½ cups (375ml) reduced fat milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup white self-raising flour
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 450g can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, grated
- Place the milk, maple syrup and egg in a large jug and whisk to combine Combined flour and mixed spice in a separate bowl.
- Add pineapple and carrot and gently toss to combine Make a well in the centre. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and use a whisk to stir until a smooth batter forms
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 mins to rest
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Spray with a little canola oil spray
- For pikelets, use two tablespoons of mixture; for pancakes, use four tablespoons (? cup).
- Cook for 1-2 mins or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 1 min or until light golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter and more canola oil spray to make approximately 20 pikelets or 12 larger pancakes.