- 2 large beetroots grated
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced, white and green part
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (1 ¼ cups uncooked)
- 1 cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 cup roughly chopped coriander
- 3 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- ½ cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ? cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shake all dressing ingredients together in a jar. Put dressing aside for flavours to develop.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl, dress and toss
- Optional: Serve in bowls with a dollop of yoghurt Sprinkle with pepita seeds seeds.
Quinoa can be replaced with couscous or brown rice for a cheaper option; celery or fresh fennel and currants also work well. This salad is delicious served in a wrap or burger with chicken, fish, meat patty or ham.