- 1 English muffin, sliced in half horizontally, or 1 small pita bread
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cooked shredded chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of assorted toppings such as pineapple, capsicum, mushrooms or corn
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat cheese, grated.
- Preheat oven or sandwich press for 10 minutes
- Top one half of muffin or pita bread with tomato paste
- Top with meat and/or vegetables of your choice
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Bake in hot oven for 10 minutes or easier still, place in a sandwich press with the lid slightly ajar until cheese has melted.