- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g tin brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500mL (2 cups) salt reduced vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons reduced salt tomato paste
- 500g pasta twirls, uncooked
- 100g reduced fat tasty cheese, grated
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic, cook stirring for 4 minutes or until vegetables soften
- Stir in lentils, tomatoes, stock and tomato paste. Increase heat to medium-high, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add pasta and cook following packet directions or until al dente.
- Drain and return to the pan. Add sauce to pasta and stir until combined
- Portion into oven safe containers, sprinkle a tablespoon of cheese on top, bake until cheese is melted.