- 1 cup dates, finely chopped
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium apple, grated, excess moisture squeezed out
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 160° C. lightly spray 12 muffin moulds with olive oil spray
- Place dates and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for two minutes on high and let cool slightly
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a large bowl.
- Add grated apple, maple syrup and eggs to cooled date mixture and mix lightly
- Add the wet mixture to the sifted items and mix
- Divide mixture up between greased muffin trays.
- Cook for 20 – 25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Top with fresh strawberry if desired.